February Dates for Your Diary
1 February 2022
February is SO much more than just Valentine’s Day.
With plenty of weird and wonderful national days of observance this month, there’s plenty for you to sink your teeth into and to help plan your content for February!
Here’s some of the top days to look out for, and a few content ideas to get you started.
Throughout the month:
National Storytelling Month
Black History Month
LGBT+ History Month
Winter Olympics 4th-20th
February 1st: Lunar New Year
- Share some of the values and traditions of the holiday
- If you’re celebrating in the office or from home, post pictures of your team
- Create themed content around the Year of the Tiger
February 4th: World Cancer Day
- Raise money for a cancer charity
- Tell the stories of team members who would like to talk about their experiences with cancer
- If you are partnered with a cancer charity or support a charity, help to promote them & what they do
February 5th: World Nutella Day
- Post pictures of your best Nutella creations
- Post your favourite Nutella recipes
- Hold a community competition for the best Nutella creations
February 7th: Charles Dickens Day
February 9th: National Pizza Day
- Hold a poll about whether pineapple belongs on pizza (always a good one to split both your team and your community!)
- Great excuse for an office pizza party
- Share the weirdest pizza creations you can find
February 11th: International Day of Women & Girls in Science
- If you work within a science sector, take the opportunity to celebrate the women in your team
- Share the story of your Women in Science idol or inspiration
- Ask your audience to share their Women in Science inspo
February 14th: Valentine’s Day
- Post Valentine’s Day themed social posts recognising the day
- Post resources or distraction techniques for those who may struggle with the day
- Share the accounts of clients, partners or inspo that you love (podcasts or books for example).
February 17th: Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Share random acts of kindness that you and your team have taken part in
- Shout-out smaller, local accounts that you support
- Publish a blog post with examples of acts of kindness for your industry audience
February 20th: Love Your Pet Day
- PET PICTURES! Everyone loves them, everyone wants them, SO POST THEM!
- Encourage your audience to send in their own for you to share
- Have any children of your team draw their pets and create a ‘expectation vs reality’ style post sharing both drawn image, and actual pic of the pet.
If you’re struggling for ideas to fill up your content calendar, get in touch and let’s chat about how we can conjure captivating content together!